Recipe by mwestcott
Credit to Peggy Sharpe of Collierville, TN. From Southern Living magazine. Recipe calls for lemon zest, but I used lemon juice instead.
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 large eggs
- 295.73 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 14.79 ml lemon zest
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 22.18 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except lemon zest) in a large bowl.
- Whisk all liquid ingredients, plus the lemon zest (or lemon juice), in a medium bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture in the large bowl, and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each cup in the muffin pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For the icing, combine the confectioner sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and drizzle over warm muffins.