Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hey, you weight watchers--0 points for 1/2 cup--I just got this in my e-mail from my daughter who got it from a patient and now I'm passing it on to you. You may already know about it but it looks good and it is free points. I know everyone is looking for something that tastes like normal. Also, below in the direction there are variations of other flavors and ideas.
- Dissolve jello in hot water and then add lemon juice and 7-Up.
- Refrigerate mixture till firm; then beat at high speed with hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place in jello mold (or 1/2-cup containers), and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- LIME MOUSSE: Substitute lime-flavored jello and unsweetened lime juice for the lemon.
- LEMON & LIME MOUSSE: Use 1 pkg. each of lemon and lime jello and 1/4 cup each of lemon juice and lime juice.
- CRANBERRY MOUSSE: Substitute cranberry jello and unsweetened cranberry juice for the lemon.
- MOUSSE PARFAIT: If you want to make a "fancy" dessert, try this: Make separate lemon mousse and a lime mousse according to recipe, then alternate layers of each in a parfait glass, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with lemon and lime zest.
I just calculated this and it is actually now 2 points per serving.
This is a GREAT dessert! I added 8 packets of splenda w/fiber to sweeten it to suit my taste buds. The final product was 10 cups---my calculations showed that it was a little less than a point per cup. Hmmmmm---I can't help but wonder what this would be like in strawberry? I will let you know once I find out! Thanks Mimi!!!
Delicious, easy, light and refreshing! I added fresh raspberries to the top when serving. I had a difficult time getting the gelatin mixture and cool whip to come together, but it was fine after a little more time in the fridge. Thanks you Mimi!