Recipe by LDSMom128
I found this in a Diabetic cookbook and were so good! They were like a light cheesecake, but even better!! The only change from the listed ingredients and what I used was they had Sugar Free Lemon Yogurt listed and I couldn't find that anywhere, but I did find Dannon Light and Fit Carb and Sugar Control Vanilla Cream Yogurt. I used that it may have made them even better!! Also you can substitute Splenda for the Sugar. I tried to write the recipe that way, but it wouldn't let me. I'm not going to include the chilling times, just the time it takes for you to actually be doing something!
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 29.58 ml reduced fat margarine
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml cold water
- 0 2 egg, Well Beaten
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml grated lemon peel
- 473.18 ml frozen sugar free whipped topping, Thawed
- 236.59 ml dannon light and fit carb and sugar control vanill cream yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9-Inch Square baking pan with non-stick pan spray.
- Combine the cold water and gelatin in a small microwavable bowl. Let it stand for 2 minutes. Microwave on High for 40 seconds to dissolve the gelatin; Set aside.
- Combine eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon peel in top of a double boiler. Cook, stirring contstantly, over boiling water for about 4 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; Stir in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate for about 25 minutes or until mixture is thorougly cooled and begins to set.
- Gently combine the lemon gelatin mixture, whipped topping, and yogurt. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Cut into 9 squares and serve chilled.