Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I found this on allrecipes and wow! One of my favorite desserts. Would be wonderful with fruit on the bottom before pouring on the filling!
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin, lemon juice and water.
- Stir over medium heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in grated lemon zest.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Blend in gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes until thick.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon filling into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.