Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very rich with the tang of lemon. Beautiful combination of flavors. I have also used the microwave instead of a double boiler to melt the chocolate and it works just fine. You can also drizzle melted chocolate over top if desired for even more chocolate punch!
- 368.54 g semisweet chocolate
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 85.04 g cream cheese
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170.09 g semisweet chocolate
- 158.51 ml whipping cream
- Melt 13 oz semi-sweet chocolate and butter together in double boiler.
- Remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add in vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9x12 pan.
- Beat 3 oz cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Continue beating while adding eggs one at a time.
- When well blended, pour over first layer.
- Place 6 oz chocolate and cream together and melt in double boiler.
- Stir until chocolate melts.
- Drizzle over lemon layer.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
My DH and I love fruit-and-chocolate combos, so we had high hopes for this one. Looking at the recipe, I couldn't figure out how the layering thing was going to work without baking them in between to solidify. The answer: it didn't. The lemon liquid seeped through to the bottom, which could have been fine because the white lemony layer just formed on the bottom instead of the top. But the lemon flavor just wasn't strong enough, so eating these felt like eating a chocolate cheesecake where the cheese had soured. There was one salvation: we peeled off the lemon layer and then heated these for a souffle-like hot chocolate cake, with the ganache "tunnels" bubbling and oozing out of the cake. So that was yummy.
A very rich Brownie, I love the tang of lemon mixed in with the richness of the chocolate brownie. The last layer of Whip cream and choclate melted together and drizzled on the lemon layer really gives it a rich wonderful flavor. This is a keeper for sure!!