Recipe by food girl II
We found the original recipe in the LCBO's mag, tweaked it a bit and man is it ever great! It is perfect for those lemon lovers and lemon cravings!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease 6 custard cups.
- Beat egg whites with the salt until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in half the sugar until whites are stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl and using the same beaters, beat the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until light in colour. Beat in the lemon juice, rind, milk, flour and butter until combined.
- Fold in the egg whites into the yolk mixture until no white streaks remain.
- Divide the batter among the cups, place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 40 minutes (or until the tops are set and golden) with a shallow tray of warm water on the rack beneath.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- For the sauce:.
- Purée the raspberries in a processor and press through a sieve to remove the seeds. Whisk in the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the cakes.