Recipe by looneytunesfan
Lemon Mousse Cake sounds like a dessert you would find on a restaurant’s menu, but take a look. It’s made-from-a-mix easy.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Betty Crocker Super Moist lemon cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottoms only of two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans. Make cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil and egg whites. Pour into pans.
- Bake as directed on package or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in chilled medium bowl with electric mixture on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd and lemon peel. Place 1 cake layer, rounded side down, on serving plate. Spread with 1 cup of the lemon mixture to within 1/4 inch of edge. Top with second layer. Frost side and top of cake with remaining lemon mixture. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.