Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light and fresh - perfect for Mother's Day or a spring brunch.
Make and share this Lemon Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale, about 5 minutes.
- Beat butter into sugar mixture in a thin stream.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour into top of double-boiler.
- Cook over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes. Add lemon zest (but not if you want a smooth custard).
- Transfer custard to a medium bowl, place piece of plastic wrap directly onto surface of custard to prevent skin from forming and refrigerate atleast two hours.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold into chilled custard.
- Serve in stemmed glasses, garnished with mint.
Sorry because I do not write English very well. This mousse is fantastic, really, really good. The only change I made was 1 1/4 cup of sugar instead 1 cup. Tanks for this recipe. LAU1319
Fabulous! Needed a small lemon dessert for a girls' night food pairing/wine tasting. Thanks for the tip about adding the zest with the lemon juice. I put it into a large ziploc and squeezed it into 11 champagne glasses. Garnished with a single red raspberry. Gorgeous! They might start believing I can cook!
This is very light and fresh tasting, I think it had just the right amount of lemon flavor for us, I loved the added lemon zest which I added with the lemon juice. The two hour fridge time was right on. I would like to try this recipe with fresh lime juice as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe, its one I plan on making again. Made for the Taste of Yellow in the cooking photo forum.