Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Yum! You can use any berries you like -raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, & this scrumptious dessert will still taste fantastic. Adapted from an old Woman's Day recipe I came across. Perfect for entertaining, but so easy you could have it for dessert tonight :)
- 150 g mixed berries
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 30 g sugar-free applesauce
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (optional)
- water, boiled
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Spray 4 1-cup gratin dishes or 3 1-cup souffle dishes with cooking spray/Pam.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg-yolks & half the Splenda together until thick & creamy.
- Stir in skim milk, flour, lemon juice, apple sauce & (optional) rind.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add other half of Splenda, continually beating until mixture is thick & glossy.
- Carefully fold egg-yolk lemon mixture through egg whites with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix -you want to keep this light & fluffy.
- Scatter mixed berries evenly between the dishes & top with equal amounts of the prepared mixture.
- Place dishes in a large baking pan & add enough just-boiled water to come halfway up sides of the dishes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until puddings are lightly browned & firm to touch.