Prep 1 min
Cook 48 hrs
Herbal vinegars make good marinades. Also try this with oil as a different flavored salad dressing. This also makes a pretty gift.
- Remove 1x3" strip peel with vegetable peeler from lemon making sure no pith is attached.
- Pour vinegar into hot sterilized pint jar. Add rind and spearmint leaves.
- Place in sunny window for 1-2 days. Taste.
- Remove peel and leaves when desired strength is reached. Add mint leaves for decoration. Seal.
- Store in cool dark place.
This has a nice light flavor that would be good on a spinach salad or in a marinade for white fish, or chicken.