- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon zest, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon mint, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
- Remove from heat and.place saucepan in cold water to cool.
- Place strawberries in individual serving dishes.
- Pour syrup over strawberries and sprinkle with mint.