Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, easy and tasty.
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind, grated (1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons mint, chopped
- Grill chops until tender.
- While chops are under the grill, prepare the sauce:.
- Melt butter in pan; add finely chopped onion, saute until tender.
- Add lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and mint, heat gently.
- Spoon over hot chops.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui, New Zealand.
This sauce is one that I will use from now on when having lamb chops. It has excellent flavors that really thrilled our palettes!
I grew up eating lamb so I obviously enjoy it. For Easter dinner 2010, I had gorgeous lamb chops that I wanted as the stars of dinner, with just a hint of sauce so they weren't over-whelmed by flavour. This sauce fit the bill perfectly! The lemon is a nice addition to the usual mint sauce that is dumped onto lamb; this was light, flavourful and had a nice combo of sweet & savory. Every one of our guests at Easter raved about this sauce!
Very tasty! I actually used slightly more fresh mint. Went lovely over our lamb chops. Served with mashed potatoes. Thanks Doreen! (You are from my home town!)