Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 chicken drummettes (about 4 1/2 pounds) or 48 chicken wings
- cooking spray
- Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped mint, ground cumin, salt, black pepper, and minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken drumettes, and toss to coat. Cover the drumettes, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Preheat the broiler. Place half the drumettes on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Turn the drumettes over, and broil for 10 minutes on the other side or until the drumettes are done.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining drumettes. Sprinkle drumettes with the remaining 1/4 cup chopped mint before serving (either hot or at room temperature).