Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for BBQ Season. Try on Lamb and Kabobs. Posted for ZWT 5.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 125 ml
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped 30 ml
- 1 small garlic clove, minced 1
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 5 ml
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- In small bowl, cream butter, stir in mint, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. With spatula, spread down a large piece of waxed paper and using paper as a guide, roll butter mixture into 1-1/2 inch (4 cm) wide cylinder. Wrap with paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour or freeze to have on hand through the barbecue season.
This is one of the best herb butters I've ever had! One of my favorite flavor combos mint and lemon - wonderful!! Used a mix of ghee, olive oil and canola oil for the butter. Actually I'm not going to have it for bbq but as a spread for sandwiches - tried it with salmon. YUM! Thanks for posting.
Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.