Lemon-Mint Bulgur Risotto With Garlic Shrimp
- Combine water and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add green onions; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add bulgur; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add warm salted water, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of warm salted water is absorbed before adding the next (about 20 minutes total).
- Remove from heat. Add spinach, mint, rind, and juice; stir until spinach wilts. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and shrimp; sauté for 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Divide risotto evenly among 4 small bowls or plates, and arrange shrimp evenly over risotto. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.