1/1 Photo of Lemon Meringue Waffles
This recipe which I adopted from the RecipeZaar account has been changed. The ingredints did not match the directions and as I hadn't made it (and could find no close match on the internet to see where the error was) I have revised this recipe. I HAVE made these before and they are delicious. If you love lemon meringue pie, you are in for a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra finely granulated sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1Prepare and preheat the waffle iron or machine as directed.
- 2Combine the flour with the baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolk and milk, and gradually work into the flour using a whisk. Beat gently until smooth. Carefully stir in the melted butter and lemon zest.
- 3In a grease-free bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and carefully fold into the batter using a large metal spoon.
- 4Prepare the waffles & keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- 5To serve, gently swirl the yogurt and lemon curd together and spoon on top of the waffles. Sprinkle with crushed meringue and decorate wih mint leaves.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.8
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 350.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: