I got this receipe from Semi homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. So easy to make and you can use different flavors of cake mix. Great for family gatherings and showers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix the cake mix with the container of cool whip and add 1 egg white. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture into each tin. Flour your hands or the back of a spoon and press dough, flattening it like a pie crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan.
- 3Mix the 2 cups of milk with the 2 packages of pudding mix. Mixture should be thick.
- 4Add 1 tablespoon of pudding mix on top of each cake and spread.
- 5Raise temperature of oven to 425 degrees F.
- 6Beat the remaining 1 cup of egg whites until soft peaks form, then add sugar and cream of tartar. Mix until stiff peaks form. Fold in the zest of 1 lemon. Spread or pipe 1 tablespoon of meringue on top of each cake. Cover the top completely. Bake at 425 degrees F until tips are slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.2 mg
- Sodium 281.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of