Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this receipe from Semi homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee. So easy to make and you can use different flavors of cake mix. Great for family gatherings and showers.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 egg white, plus
- 1 cup egg white
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cake mix with the container of cool whip and add 1 egg white. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture into each tin. Flour your hands or the back of a spoon and press dough, flattening it like a pie crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Mix the 2 cups of milk with the 2 packages of pudding mix. Mixture should be thick.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pudding mix on top of each cake and spread.
- Raise temperature of oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup of egg whites until soft peaks form, then add sugar and cream of tartar. Mix until stiff peaks form. Fold in the zest of 1 lemon. Spread or pipe 1 tablespoon of meringue on top of each cake. Cover the top completely. Bake at 425 degrees F until tips are slightly golden, about 3 minutes.