Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Make your own lemon curd. Easy to prepare and is light and sweet.
- 5 egg whites
- 5 ounces superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 10 ounces whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup lemon curd
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper and lightly grease ensuring to grease sides as well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then gradually add in the sugar a teaspoon at a time. Add cornstarch last. Meringue should be stiff and not move when you roll the bowl on its side.
- Spread into pan, smoothing the top and making level. Bake at 300 degrees about 45 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Let cool five minutes then turn out onto another parchment paper dusted with powdered sugar. Leave the lining on untill meringue cools completely.
- Whip cream until it holds it shape well, then fold in curd.
- Spread over meringue, leaving a half inch gap on both short sides. Using paper to help roll.
- Served sliced with a dusting of sugar.