Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from a First magazine. My husband loves lemon merigue pie and thinks this milkshake sounds fabulous. I haven't made this yet.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd, heaping
- 1 3⁄4 cups vanilla ice cream, packed
- whipped cream, for garnish
- lemon zest, for garnish
- In blender, combine milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon curd.
- Blend 5 seconds.
- Add vanilla ice cream and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and additional lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.
So glad I tried this, because this is the best milkshake I've had in a really long time! I only had a single-serve cup of Edy's Light vanilla ice cream, so I had to make just a half-recipe (after seeing the half-size milkshake, I'm thinking that a full recipe of this is more like one large milkshake rather than two). Refreshingly lemony, and the whipped cream on top kind of mimics the meringue layer of the pie as it gets sucked through the straw. I'll definitely be keeping this recipe handy for the summer, thanks for posting! Made for the All You Can Cook Buffet tag event