1/2 Photos of Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon Meringue Pie is one of my favorites and I am always on the lookout for the best recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2In a medium-size heavy saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar, the cornstarch, and salt.
- 3Mix until well blended.
- 4Gradually add the boiling water, stirring constantly and cook over moderate heat until the mixture thickens.
- 5Add the lemon rind and juice and stir.
- 6In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks until foamy.
- 7Add a small amount of the hot lemon mixture to them, stirring constant.
- 8Then pour the egg mixture into the lemon mixture in the saucepan, stirring.
- 9Add the butter and continue cooking, stirring, until the mixture is very thick.
- 10Pour into baked pie shell.
- 11In a medium-size mixing bowl, beat the egg white with an electric mixer until thickened.
- 12Gradually add the remaining 6 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 13With a spatula, cover the pie with the meringue, being careful to seal all the edges.
- 14With a spoon, make a few peaks in the meringue.
- 15Bake just until the top has browned slightly, about 10 minutes.
- 16Cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 115.9 mg
- Sodium 323.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 46.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g