This recipe was my mom's mom's recipe for lemon meringue pie. It is my favorite pie...I even make it sometimes without the meringue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake pie crust according to directions on box.
- 2Mix cornstarch, sugar, salt in saucepan.
- 3Add hot water and heat over high heat stirring constantly for about 6 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and add egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- 5Put back on stove on low for about 4-6 minutes or until thick.
- 6Remove from heat and add lemon juice and butter.
- 7Let cool completely before adding to baked pie crust.
- 8Beat eggs whites until stiff. Add 1/2 cup sugar.
- 9Put meringue over the lemon filling in the pie crust.
- 10Broil on low until meringue is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 237.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g