Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
Nothing beats this pie made from scratch.
Top Review by cookin mimi
This is an awesome recipe! Not difficult at all. I made the pie filling and used "weepless meringue" recipe # 20159. It was delicious! Thanks for posting! I like this recipe so much better than the pies using sweetened condensed milk, this is like my Mom used to make!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Add water gradually, and then lemond rind.
- Cook on low stirring until thick.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar.
- Add a little of the hot lemon mixture, beating continuously while slowly adding the rest.
- Cook 2 minutes Add butter.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Cover with meringue and brown.