Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A scrummy dessert combining two of my favourite things: lemon meringue and ice cream--Yum. I make this with shop bought meringues so its quick and easy. Perfect for a hot summers day Cooking time given is actually the time needed for the ice cream to freeze.
- 50 g cooked meringues, they can be broken ones
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 lemon, juice and rind of
- 4 ounces lemon curd (I use 1/2 a jar but it wouldn't accept that as an amount)
- mango, sauce
- 1 small mango, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- Break up the meringue into chunky pieces.
- Whisk the cream lightly, add the lemon rind and juice and lemon curd to the cream and lastly fold in the broken meringue. Try not to over crush the meringues.
- Line a loaf tin with cling-film and spoon in the lemon meringue mixture. Cover with cling film then freeze for at least 6 hours.
- For the sauce, mix the mango with the lemon curd and spoon over the sliced ice cream.