Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A light and tasty treat!
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or Baker's sugar)
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon gelatin and sugar.
- In a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until foamy. While beating, add salt and cream of tartar.
- Add gelatin/sugar mixture to the egg whites graduatally (a tablespoon at a time) while beating; beat to stiff peaks.
- Drop batter bu tablespoonfuls onto non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake 90 minutes. Turn off oven, open door slightly, and allow cookies to cool in the oven.
- Remove from oven and store in airtight container.
Nice little lemon meringue cookie. I found the taste just a tad odd after they baked, not quite really lemony but not quite another easily identified flavor. That said, we enjoyed them. Thanks!