Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Tastes like lemon pie, so they say. Haven't tried this yet, but it looks promising...
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large lemon, juice and grated peel
- 6 -8 drops lemons
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal (you can also use broken up graham crackers)
- Melt the white chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe glass bowl. Heat in 15-30 second increments and stir in between until the chips are melted.
- Finely grate the peel (yellow part, only) and squeeze the juice from a lemon. Add to the bowl of melted candy with the lemon oil (or 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract). Mix gently to blend well/.
- Place the Chex cereal in a large bowl and pour the melted candy mixture over it. Gently stir until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Put the powered sugar into an extra large zipper bag, then pour the coated cereal on top. Shake the bag until all the cereal is well coated with layer of sugar.
- Pour the yummy mixture on a large baking sheet and let it cool. Once cooled, add the Golden Grahams ( or graham cracker pieces) and stir gently to combine.
- Store in an air-tight container.