Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just the best combination of my two most favorite deserts. I am not sure where this recipe originated from but it is one my flatmate would make when he had to make a dessert and it was always a winner. Time of prep does not include the final chilling of the Cheesecake
- Combined biscuits and butter.
- Press into a 20cm (9 inch pie dish) pan, bringing it up the sides.
- Place in fridge to chill while making the filling.
- Beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add condensed milk, lemon rind and lemon juice, then add egg yolks one at a time mixing well.
- Pour into crust (note: this is a runny mixture).
- Whip egg whites till stiff, then gradually add castor sugar.
- Place spoonfuls of the egg white mixture all over the lemon mixture and smooth over to cover lemon mixture.
- Add your own design of pecks.
- Bake for 10 mins in hot oven of 350.
- Chill well before serving.
This recipe does not work. I was worried by the ingredients and especially the fact that it didn't have sugar in the recipe to add to the custard (the sugar in the ingredients is for the meringue but i added sugar anyways) taste pretty good but it was like eating lemon soup. Maybe bake longer and add the meringue at the last minute... or something... The custard is pretty soupy with 1/2 cup of lemon juice... This recipe has potential but you're going to want to make adjustments. (More cream cheese, less lemon juice, longer baking time) Use common sense.
I have always loved lemon cheesecake and lemon meringue pie and have probs trying to decide which one to make for a special occasion. This recipe eliminates my problem. A lovely recipe, easy to make and a great winner. Thanks dutchkiwi - Paula