Recipe by dutchkiwi - paula
This is just the best combination of my two most favorite deserts. I am not sure where this recipe originated from but it is one my flatmate would make when he had to make a dessert and it was always a winner. Time of prep does not include the final chilling of the Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs or 2 cups tea biscuit crumbs
- 1⁄4 melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 eggs (seperated)
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar (fine grain sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combined biscuits and butter.
- Press into a 20cm (9 inch pie dish) pan, bringing it up the sides.
- Place in fridge to chill while making the filling.
- Beat cream cheese till smooth.
- Add condensed milk, lemon rind and lemon juice, then add egg yolks one at a time mixing well.
- Pour into crust (note: this is a runny mixture).
- Whip egg whites till stiff, then gradually add castor sugar.
- Place spoonfuls of the egg white mixture all over the lemon mixture and smooth over to cover lemon mixture.
- Add your own design of pecks.
- Bake for 10 mins in hot oven of 350.
- Chill well before serving.