1/1 Photo of Lemon Meringue Cake with Strawberries
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar.
- 2Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Spray square pan, 9×9×2 inches, with cooking spray.
- 5Beat flour, 1 cup sugar, the margarine, milk, baking powder, lemon peel, vanilla, salt and 2 egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- 6Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 7Pour into pan.
- 8Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool slightly.
- 10Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- 11Beat 2 egg whites in medium bowl on high speed until foamy.
- 12Beat in 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- 13Spread over cake.
- 14Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until meringue is light brown.
- 15Cool completely.
- 16Top each serving with strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Cake with Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 217.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g