1 hr 15 mins
Baby Chevelle's Note:
This recipe comes from my friend Vera back in 1974. I loved it then, and I still love it. We are still friends, I was just thinkin, I really should tell her I still use her recipes. The box of piecrust mix is a guesstimate as I didn't have one on hand at this time. Sorry for the inconvience, but there is only one size to my knowledege.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Blend piecrust mix, the 1/4 cup sugar and 1 of the eggs in medium size bowl with a pastry blender.
- 3Pat dough evenly into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- 4Bake in oven (350) for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; leave oven on.
- 5Beat the remaining 3 eggs and the 1 cup sugar in a medium size bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in lemon rind and juice and flour; pour mixture over pie crust.
- 7Return to oven; bake 15 minutes longer.
- 8Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in a medium size bowl with mixer until frothy. Beat in remaining 3 tablespoons sugar,1 tablespoon at a time, until meringue forms stiff peaks.
- 9Remove pan from oven. Raise oven temperature to 450.
- 10Spread meringue mixture over lemon mixture.
- 11Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more or until meringue peaks are golden brown.
- 12Cool on wire rack. Cut with a wet knife into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Bars
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 57.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g