Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Super easy from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Lemon Meringue Baked Alaska recipe from Food.com.
- 32 vanilla wafers
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups lemon sorbet, softened
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with wafers; set aside.
- Place softened ice cream and sorbet in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared pie plate; place in freezer.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 238°. Pour hot sugar syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at medium speed. Increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in rind. Spread over ice cream. Loosely cover, and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil frozen pie for 1 minute or until meringue is lightly browned. Serve immediately.