Recipe by Sally Sasquatch
A tart lemon pudding with meringue topping - minus the fattening pie crust! Although, you can also fill a baked pie crust with it. Yumm!
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml hot water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2.46 ml grated lemon peel
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 3 egg whites
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml cream of tartar
- 88.74 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar with cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Add hot water and cook, stirring, until boiling.
- Add egg yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and peel.
- Combine thoroughly and pour into individula pyrex dishes or a pie plate.
- Make meringue by beating the egg whites with the cream of tartar and vanilla until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and keep beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over lemon pudding.
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.