Lavender Lynn's Note:
"These cookies literally melt in your mouth!" These cookies have a shortbread-like texture and taste wonderful! If you like lemon, you will definitely love these cookies. ***Make sure butter is at room temperature not too cold and not melted.** Bake for 8-12 minutes per batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1In a large bowl at low speed, beat butter until creamy looking. Add powdered sugar; mix until light and fluffy. Add lemon zest and lemon juice; beat well. Add flour and cornstarch into butter mixture and mix well until well combined.
- 2Divide dough in half and shape each half into 8" x 1" rolls. Wrap each individual roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 1 to 2 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Using a sharp knife, cut each roll into 1/4-inch slices. Place cookie slices onto ungreased cookie sheets, place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet, and bake approximately 8 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown (tops should not brown). Remove from oven, carefully remove from baking sheet, and cool on wire cooling racks (when warm the cookies are delicate). When cool, spread Lemon Frosting onto top of cookies.
- 6In a medium bowl, combine butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and powdered sugar; stir until well mixed.
- 7NOTE: Additional lemon juice may be needed to get the frosting thin enough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Melt Away Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.0
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 122.0 mg
- Sodium 408.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g