Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from my sister, Ashley. She made these for us on Christmas.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- shredded lemon, rind of (to garnish)
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and the onion mixture; mix well.
- Form into 18 meatballs.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook 15-20 minutes or until beef is no longer pink inside, turning occasionally.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare spaghetti according to package directions, drain and arrange on serving platter.
- Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- When meatballs are cooked, arrange them on top of spaghetti; add lemon juice to the skillet and stir to scrape drippings from the bottom of the pan; pour over meatballs and spaghetti.
- Sprinkle meatballs with parsley and lemon peel in desired, and serve.