Top Review by SarasotaCook
I wouldn't thought of adding the lemon, but I used your recipe, but I used 1/2 potatoes and 1/2 parsnips, just for a twist. But it would definitely be great just with potatoes. Absolutely. Just a light flavor which I liked. My guests already called me as they ate at 4:30 and are getting ready to have dessert and then head out to a movie. Thank you, next time, no parsnips, just potatoes, but either way, very yummy, and the lemon was a great nice light taste.
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, cut into small pieces
- salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, washed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted water, boil the potatoes until they are almost falling apart.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly and return to pot.
- Add the butter and mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- When butter is incorporated, season with salt to taste.
- Just before serving, finely shred the zest of the lemon right into the potatoes and stir well.
- Note: (that's right, there is NO milk in this recipe, but you can squeeze in the lemon juice if desired).