Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious, light cake that is great at tea time, makes a lovely Birthday cake too!
Make and share this Lemon Mascarpone Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 5 egg whites
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 125 ml oil
- 125 ml boiling water
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 250 ml flour
- 30 ml flour
- 7 1⁄2 ml baking powder
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 250 ml mascarpone
- 2 eggs, separated
- 80 ml caster sugar
- 45 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F).
- Spray and flour 2 springform or layer tins (24 cm or 9 inch).
- Beat egg yolks with vanilla.
- Add oil, boiling water and lemon juice and continue beating all the time until foamy.
- Add caster sugar and continue beating.
- Lastly add flour, baking powder and lemon rind.
- Beat egg whites with baking powder until very stiff; set aside.
- Fold egg whites into lemon mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on middle rack of oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Filling: Beat egg yolks with sugar until very thick.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add mascarpone and continue beating until thickened.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold into egg yolk and add lemon rind.
- Place mixture in fridge and allow to set.
- Spread 1/2 mascarpone on top of bottom layer of cake.
- Top with other cake and more mascarpone.
- Decorate with grated lemon rind.