Recipe by Tessa22
Not sure where this recipe came from originally, but my girlfriend made it for dinner at few years back and it's become a staple at our house. Fancy enough for company. Usually I serve with wild rice and green beans. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Barb R
A wonderful recipe! We cooked the entire thing on the stovetop, too lazy to clean two pans, and it still turned out beautifully. The Marsala sauce really makes this recipe. Thanks!!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml oil
- 2 eggs, beaten (did not add water..it's just the eggs beaten)
Lemon Marsala Sauce
- 59.14 ml butter
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml minced shallot
- 29.58 ml flour
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml marsala wine (this is what makes it!)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chicken.
- Cut chicken breast in half -- pound nice and flat.
- Heat butter and oil together in skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour (mixed with salt and pepper to taste).
- Shake of excess flour.
- Dip chicken in beaten eggs.
- Saute in hot fat until golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place in shallow baking dish.
- Make sauce;.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and shallots. Saute for a minute.
- Add flour, stirring constantly. DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BROWN.
- Add stock and Marsala and continue to stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake until tenders (30 min).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and add fresh lemon slices when serving.