Recipe by ellie_
I thought this cranberry sauce sounded like a different way to make a holiday favorite. Recipe source Saveur (November 2004)
Top Review by rpgaymer
This was a perfect Thanksgiving cranberry sauce. It reminded me of the cranberry sauce my mom used to me. She used OJ too, but not the marmalade. I actually had to use orange marmalade instead of lemon marmalade, but it still tasted great. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 lb cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup meyer lemon marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine first 5 ingredients (cranberries - water) and simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes until berries pop, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low, stir in marmalade and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to glass bowl (or serving dish) and refrigerate until chilled.
- ***Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.