Prep 4 hrs 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Impressive dish with an inexpensive meat. Before plating, squeeze a small amount of lemon juice over meat and garnish with sliced lemons if desired.
- 1 (4 lb) beef london broil steak (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prick the London broil on both sides several times with a fork; place into a resealable plastic bag. Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, sugar, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Pour into the bag with the meat, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 to 4 hours, but overnight is best.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remover the beef from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the beef until it is beginning to firm, and is hot and slightly pink in the center, about 17 to 20 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 140°F Cover the meat with two layers of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.