Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This marinade produces a very moist chicken breast with lots of flavor, no need to marinate for more than 2-3 hours, or the acid in the lemon will start to "cook" the chicken. Adjust the hot sauce to taste. This recipe can be doubled if desired.
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (can use more or use a few drops Tabasco)
- 1 small onion, finally chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 5 large chicken breasts (bone-in)
- seasoning salt
- Process the first 7 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl frequently; remove about 1/4 cup of the mixture to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow glass dish; pour the marinade over and toss using clean hands to coat the chicken with marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Remove the chicken and discard the marinade.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt and more black pepper.
- Grill or broil the chicke breasts until completely cooked, basting frequently with the reserved 1/4 cup lemon marinade.
Tired of the same old boring grilled chicken, I cringed when my husband requested it for dinner. Pulled up this recipe and LOVED the results. Even the process was fun and gave me a chance to get my 6 year old involved. We threw the ingredients into my nutribullet, gave it a whirl and out came a creamy and tasty marinade. In the fridge for 2 hours, onto the grill and everyone ate it up. My 7 year old said this is the only way he now wants his chicken :) Thank you Kittencal... you've done it again!!! I don't know why I try anyone else's recipes when yours are great everytime. God bless :)
I poured all the ingredients for the marinade in a bag and put the chicken in it to marinate. Maybe only 1 hour and a half. Cause I did it too late. I was supposed to puree it in the blender but forgot. I didn't use celery salt but used seasoning salt. The taste of the chicken was very tasty and it was tender a lot. Thanks Kit. Made for 123 hit wonders.
Wow!!! This is delicious!! We just loved the flavor of this chicken. I served this along with your Easy Microwave Alfredo Sauce. Both kids loved this as well, definite keeper!! Thanks Kit.