Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for OMAC users. I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks from Vancouver author/chef/and fireman, David Veljacic. There is a nice balance of flavors between the lemon juice, olive oil and brown sugar. This recipe reminds me of a long lost recipe my DM used to make....so it does bring back childhood memories of days gone by! This is a family favorite.....I hope it becomes one of your!!!
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, brown sugar, oregano, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the meat and let marinate for several hours.
- To freeze: Place in a large freezer bag, removing any air. Lay the chicken flat and place on a cookie sheet flat in the freezer. (by using this method of freezing, you can stack each package neatly).
- To thaw; place the chicken in the fridge overnight ~ or ~ for a quick thaw, place the chicken in the sink, using tempid water and let thaw for about 25 - 30 minutes. Once thawed, either use immediately or put back in the fridge until ready to use.
This is a great recipe. I let the chicken defrost in the fridge on a plate. The chicken had a great taste. Thanks for an easy recipe. Made for Bargain basement tag game