Recipe by Whisper
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm posting here so I don't lose this recipe because it looks so good! The recipe comes from The Maple Syrup Cookbook by Ken Haedrich.
Top Review by Chef yummy yum yum!
I made this recipe using orange zest because I did not have lemon zest in the house. I think I will try lemon next time due to personal taste. The bread was a bit dry, but I would be willing to try again with a bit shorter cooking time.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated zucchini or 1 1⁄2 cups summer squash
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9" x 5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Combine the unbleached and wheat flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center, then stir in the zucchini mixture.
- Blend just until smooth, then turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.