I haven't tried this yet, but I'm posting here so I don't lose this recipe because it looks so good! The recipe comes from The Maple Syrup Cookbook by Ken Haedrich.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9" x 5" loaf pan and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the maple syrup, oil, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Combine the unbleached and wheat flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center, then stir in the zucchini mixture.
- Blend just until smooth, then turn into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
I made this recipe using orange zest because I did not have lemon zest in the house. I think I will try lemon next time due to personal taste. The bread was a bit dry, but I would be willing to try again with a bit shorter cooking time.
I made the recipe in 12 muffins. I reduced the maple syrup to 1/2 cup. It was sweet enough for our taste. I baked the muffins 25 minutes. They turned out perfect. The lemon is hard to taste. So maybe I'll add more lemon zest another time. thanks Whisper :) made for Bargain Basement tag game