Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted from the CIA Encyclopedic Cookbook in response to a recipe request. Try this with Meyer lemons if you can get them. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 1⁄2 lb marshmallows (about 32)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Heat marshmallows, water and salt over low heat, folding over and over until marshmallows are half melted.
- Remove from heat; add lemon rind and juice.
- Continue to fold until mixture is soft and spongy.
- Chill well; stir and fold in egg whites.
- Pour into freezing tray and freeze until firm.