Recipe by love4culinary
I also made these with orange peel too :) I forget exactly how many this makes. I believe this recipe makes 24 madeleines.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon low fat yogurt or 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat butter over low heat until melted and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Grease your madeleine pan.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, yogurt, lemon extract, vanilla extract, on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl with rubber spatula, increase speed to high and beat until very light and lemon in color approximately 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in flour, lemon peel, salt and melted butter until blended.
- Spoon mixture by the Tablespoon full into the madeleine shells.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Do not over bake.
- Immediately remove madeleines from shells and place on wire racks to cool completely.
- Be sure to grease your pan each time you refill to bake.
- Sprinkle madeleines lightly with confec sugar.
- Store in a covered container to keep fresh and to prevent texture change.