Susan Dillard's Note:
This recipe came from the March/April 1994 issue of Cooking Light magazine. I have fixed these many times and you would never suspect them of being low fat! They are delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1Place egg in small bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine sugar, cornstarch and lemon rind in a saucepan; stir well.
- 3Slowly add water& lemon juice stirring with a whisk until blended.
- 4Bring to a boil over medium heat and stirring constantly cook one minute.
- 5Stir one quarter of hot lemon mixture into the beaten egg, add this to remaining lemon mixture, stir constantly.
- 6Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 7Pour mixture into a bowl; stir in coloring, if desired.
- 8Place plastic wrap on surface and chill.
- 9Spoon 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon filling into each Macaroon Tart Shell.
- 10Top with 2 teaspoons whipped topping and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon toasted coconut.
- 11MACAROON TART SHELLS:.
- 12Combine all ingredients (except spray) in a bowl; stir well.
- 13Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 14Press mixture into bottom and up sides of cups.
- 15Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- 16Cool 2 minutes on a wire rack.
- 17Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Macaroon Tartlets
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g