Recipe by Ashbow
This mixes up in a short time and is a yummy, light bread with great taste. Make a few hours ahead, as it needs to sit.*Cooking time includes the cooling and sitting time.* From Betty Crocker.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (try fresh juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients except 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon juice with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately poke holes in top of bread about 1 inch apart, using a long wooden pick.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon juice; drizzle evenly over top of bread.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of bread from pan; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely for about 1 hour before slicing.