Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My roommate made me lemon macadamia nut cupcakes for my birthday last year and I fell in love with them! I also love biscotti, so I found a recipe that combined the best of both worlds.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in macadamia nuts.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide into two. Shape each ball of dough into a log.
- Place the logs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, slice diagonally into 1/2"-thick pieces.
- Return the biscotti to your parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake 8 minutes.
- Turn biscotti and bake an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool before storing in an airtight container.