Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Haven't made this recipe for years, but to celebrate Mardi Gras, this was the perfect desert! It takes a little time, but definitely worth it. This makes enough to feed a large family, so you can adjust the recipe for a smaller family.
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- Blend flour, ½ cup walnuts, and butter with fork.
- Press into bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then cool for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with mixer, and blend in a little more than ½ tub Cool Whip.
- Layer this mixture on cooled crust.
- In a bowl, beat pudding and milk until thickened.
- Set in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Layer pudding on cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip, remaining walnuts, and lemon zest.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
This ie REAL comfort food! My Grandma used to make this for every family gathering. I love it with lemon pudding, but my kids prefer chocolate (leaving out the zest). I think I have tried every pudding combination though and you can't go wrong! It's easy to make and looks like you fussed over it!
WOW! This was extremely delicious! I made this for our Sunday potluck and it went over VERY WELL! Thank you for sharing it with us!