Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
fast and simple....
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup solid margarine
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- Preheat your oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter or margarine until mix is crumbly.
- Stir in the brown sugar, coconut, and rolled oats.
- Press all but 1/4 cup reserved for top.
- into a 9 inch baking pan.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk with lemon juice and the zest.
- Beat all well.
- Pour over the base evenly.
- Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting.