Recipe by DragonShoes
These are melt in your mouth good and a one of a kind cookie. I always triple this recipe for potluck days since everyone grabs 2 handfuls.
Top Review by J-Lynn
So yummy! I will make again, following the recipe... This time I didn't have any lemon extract or lemon zest, so I used 3-4 Tbsp lemon juice. Which of course made the dough too sticky so I added more flour and a little cornstarch, and chilled the dough for 2 hours. Anyway, the lemon flavor was barely noticeable, but hubby loved them! I chose not to use coconut or macadamias. They're soft and so pretty with the powdered sugar spots on them just like chocolate crinkles! Definitely don't overbake; they get too dry after a day or two. Great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, to roll cookies in
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add lemon zest, eggs and extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add nuts and coconut.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes until the edges are set.
- Cool a minute or two on cookie sheets, and remove to wire rack, and sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops as cookies continue to cool.