Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are melt in your mouth good and a one of a kind cookie. I always triple this recipe for potluck days since everyone grabs 2 handfuls.
- 1⁄4 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, to roll cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add lemon zest, eggs and extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Add nuts and coconut.
- Shape into 1 1/2" balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes until the edges are set.
- Cool a minute or two on cookie sheets, and remove to wire rack, and sprinkle powdered sugar over the tops as cookies continue to cool.
So yummy! I will make again, following the recipe... This time I didn't have any lemon extract or lemon zest, so I used 3-4 Tbsp lemon juice. Which of course made the dough too sticky so I added more flour and a little cornstarch, and chilled the dough for 2 hours. Anyway, the lemon flavor was barely noticeable, but hubby loved them! I chose not to use coconut or macadamias. They're soft and so pretty with the powdered sugar spots on them just like chocolate crinkles! Definitely don't overbake; they get too dry after a day or two. Great recipe!
Took these to a meeting at work. They were gone FAST!
Thanks for posting your recipe
Made these for our church fundraiser. We needed to triple this recipe. They sold out first before anything else we had bagged up. Thank you for this recipe. We will give you credit for the recipe at our next newsletter for the church.